PROTOMED is a contract service R&D company specialized in medical device design, development, and manufacturing. In collaboration with IHU STRASBOURG and BS MEDICAL TECH INDUSTRY, we have co-founded a consortium, CONSTELLATION, to offer a full range of services from idea to market, to both medical devices startups and inventors. Today, we are seeking a highly motivated young engineer capable of excelling in the demanding role of medical device Research and Development position and assist our customers in developing their ideas.
Based in Strasbourg, France, our junior R&D Engineer will assist R&D team in new devices developments. Activities may include prototype definition and design, tests definition and implementation, R&D activities involved in design change and post market follow-up. The candidate will participate in technical files, risk management files, design and development records preparation (DHF, DHR, DMR). He/she will also be proactive in Quality Management System function and improvement and in product and regulatory surveillance.
This position may require a reasonable amount of travel to visit our subcontractors, partners and customers in France and internationally when necessary.
- Engineering Degree (in mechanics, plastic injection, general or biomedical)
- A first experience (at least a 3-6 months internship) in the medical devices industry: minimally invasive surgery, cardiovascular devices.
- Fluent in English and in French. German a plus
- Self-disciplined, organized, able to work independently and take ownership & responsibility
- Able to handle multiple projects and exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks.
- Team player and able to function and evolve within a multi-cultural environment
Salary package based on profile and experience
Opportunity to develop a career in a challenging environment