Senior R&D Engineer
PROTOMED is a contract service R&D company specialized in medical device design, development, and testing. In collaboration with IHU STRASBOURG and BS MEDICAL TECH INDUSTRY, we have co-founded a consortium, CONSTELLATION, to offer a full range of services from idea to market, to both medical devices startups and inventors. Today, we are seeking a highly motivated engineer capable of succeeding in the demanding role of medical device Research and Development and assisting our customers in developping their ideas.
Based in Strasbourg, France, our Senior R&D Engineer will integrate the R&D team to support new devices developments. Activities may include prototype definition and design, tests definition and implementation, R&D activities involved in design change and post market follow-up. The candidate will participate in technical files, risk management files, design and development records preparation (DHF, DHR, DMR). He/she will also be proactive in Quality Management System function and improvement and in product and regulatory watch.
This position may require a reasonable amount of travel to visit our subcontractors, partners and customers in France and internationally when necessary.
- Graduated in Engineering (major in mechanics, general or biomedical)
- 5-years+ as an R&D engineer in medical devices industry (ideally in minimally invasive surgery, cardiovascular devices).
- Fluent in English. French or German a plus
- Self disciplined, organized, able to work independently and take ownership & responsibility
- Hands-on (prototyping, testing, protocol development)
- Able to handle multiple projects and exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks.
- Team player and able to function and evolve within a multi-cultural environment
Salary package based on profile